Monday, September 1, 2008

What does the piggy say??


Happy Labor Day!
Today Dave and I went to the Oregon State Fair! Ya know, Fair's are fun to go to and look around without kids, but when you have kids it makes it that much more enjoyable. Samantha is an observer and likes to look at interesting people, so you can imagine the fun time she had at the fair! There are always a lot of very interesting people at fairs to look at.
Her favorite part of course was going to see all the animals. We went and saw all the cows where she got to pet a couple of them. And then we went into another pavilion that was full of goats. Of course! And they had pigs too, but you had to navigate in between all the goats to get to them. It almost wasn't worth it to me. And then they had a petting zoo that was free and it was mostly goats they had there, with a couple of sheep, a pig, a llama, a chicken, a deer, and a baby kangaroo. Luckily the goats were small enough that I could take Samantha in there to enjoy the rest of the animals. For those of you who are wondering why I dislike goats so much......I had a bad experience! So I'm not a fan.
We ate the biggest elephant ear I have ever seen, and also enjoyed a fruit smoothie and cotton candy! On our way out they had this Johnny Cash impersonator guy singing and he was awesome. He looked just like him and sounded just like him as well too. I love going to the fair and the fact that we could take Samantha and she enjoyed it made it more enjoyable for us as well.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's so fun to see recent pictures of Sam. I can see both you guys in her now. Is she walking already?