Thursday, April 16, 2009

I AM A HUNG BUCK!

Okay don't let that title scare you, it's just the name of my Indoor Soccer Team! And yes they do have t-shirts with a mascot but I don't think it would be too appropriate for me to wear :) And yes, the name was thought of by a few guys!

So tonight was our first game! I was really excited because it really has been too long since I have played soccer, let alone Indoor. And wow, I kind of forgot how fast-pace and tiring it is, especially if you're not completely in shape, and there is only one sub for the girls. There were about 8 guys or so on our team, and 3 girls incuding me. And the rules of the game require that 2 girls are on the field at all times. So by the end of the game, we were all pretty tired! But it made me remember how much I love soccer, even if I wasn't as good tonight as I was a few years ago, at least endurance-wise!

As far as the game went, it was pretty even back and forth scoring for each team, and we were tied 4-4 up until the last 12 seconds of the game when we scored to win the game!! So the Hung Bucks Hung in there to win it! woo hoo! Not bad for a first game. And the guys were all pretty nice, but when you get a bunch of guys together and it involves sports, and winning, a few choice words are spewed from their mouths in repetition. But nothing I didn't really expect.
Anyway it was a fun game, and nice to be playing soccer again.





And here are a couple pictures from Easter. We had a little candy hunt (we didn't have eggs) for Samantha after church, and she's already been able to do a couple of Easter egg hunts, so she knew exactly what to do with her basket, and where to find the candy. It was a fun, and a low-key Easter for us. We didn't go anywhere, we just stayed home and ate our Ham and funeral potatoes meal!



She was soooo tired at the end of the night!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute Easter pics! And I am WAY jealous of the soccer! I wanted a superstar sibling team when everyone was around, but whatever. I guess it's better if we spread ourselves around the country and share the finesse.

Haley and James said...

Looks like lots of fun! I'm so excited to get in shape after #2! Yeah for spring!

Anonymous said...

It's so awesome to be involved in sports again, isn't it? :) I am going to need to find a volleyball team whenever I move (and where ever). And maybe I will need to be on your soccer team if I come to Oregon!