Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Rough Week

Well I haven't had too much going on to post about lately.
Let's see, I guess the big thing this week is figuring out why Samantha has been Sooooo grumpy and not eating anything. She is getting her last molars in on the top of her mouth. She has had a hard time with all her teeth, I guess it's just really painful for her and then she gets fevers from it as well, so she's been a little sick. poor kid.
The week has gone by pretty fast but it's also been a little frustrating. Dave's bike got stolen right outside his office building. Of course, right when it's about to be summer, and right when we get Sam a helmet....grrrrrr! So the very next day I look on Craigslist just to see and there's a posting from Milwaukie, which is a bad part of town for a cannondale for $500, no picture, hardly any description. Dave called on it first and it was some kid, and he was really short with Dave, "I already sold it"....hang up. So later that night I called the kid and asked about it trying to sound like an interested buyer, and he told me the same thing and after asking a couple of questions I pretty much told him about Dave's bike being stolen and if he knew anything about it, and of course he said no. So I said, "yeah whoever would put a stolen bike on Craigslist the day after he stole it WOULD be pretty stupid!" I mean this kid was really awkward on the phone. So I got off, but after a couple of hours I was still festering about it wishing I would have asked him more about it. So I decided to call him back.
me: "Yeah I'm just calling back because I wanted to get the number of the person you sold it to so they can give me a description of the bike so I know it wasn't stolen."
kid: "Uh, well no I can't do that"
me: "Well why not? Why does it matter to you if it's not stolen?"
kid: "Why are you harrassing me?"
me: "Uh, I'm not harrassing you, I'm trying to figure out who stole the bike so why should you worry about giving me the information if YOU didn't steal it? (trying to scare him) The cops will probably call you anyway about it since you didn't post a picture, and it's the same type of bike, so if you give me the information then THEY won't have to call you."
kid: "well, uh, I don't think, uh, well my brother gave me the bike, and, uh...." and then he tried to accuse me of other things and wanted to know what my name was and where I lived......yeah right!
Well needless to say I didn't get anything out of him and I was so frustrated, because I know we'll never see that bike again and it's not really "TOP PRIORITY" for the cops......again I say, grrrrrrrrrr.
So that was the drama of the week. Very frustrating between that, Sam being in pain, and Dave having to put up with his boss, who has a temper, and Dave gets to be the one he takes it out on, even though it's usually always other people's mistakes, but yet he is still the one to get yelled at.
But at least it ended on a good note. We drove down to Salem as a spur of the moment thing to visit Dave's parents. And I got to sing on Mark's new album, which was really fun. He is a very deep, poetic person and a great songwriter so I felt priveleged I got to sing on parts of one of his songs.
I think this week will be quite busy, with me starting the apartment managing on Wednesday, and there seems to be a few issues I will immediately GET to deal with. But it will be good.
And I was going through a couple of pictures I have taken in the last few weeks, so here are some more Samantha pics.

This picture was taken while she wasn' feeling well and thought the floor would be a comfortable place to lie down.


She's my Baby Spice!



another "I'm not going to smile" face

6 comments:

Haley and James said...

That sucks about Dave's bike. But, we have a glimmer of hope. James' bike got stolen from our old apartment by a HS kid. We called the cops just in case they got a returned bike. Sure enough, a few days later they got a bike turned in and it was ours! I guess the kid was running away but his dad caught up with him and made him turn it in. Sweet eh? So don't give up yet...

Matt and Savannah said...

I'm so proud of you that you called that kid back and started pumping him with questions. Did you feel like you were on one of those cop shows where they take the suspect into the back room and start pounding the table and throwing stuff against the wall until the kid finally breaks? You could totally be on the next Law and Order.

Anonymous said...

Go, Katie! I'm glad you called the punk kid back and I hope he thinks twice before doing anything like that again.

Mark is recording an album? That's really cool and I'd love to hear how you contributed.

The Brewsters said...

That's awful. Frustrating that you couldn't do anything to get him. The Lawyer in me really hates that! Sorry I didn't get in touch with you on your b-day! We were sick. Ella has had the Roto-virus and it has been hell! We have something to send you...so I'll get that out this week. Hope you had a good one.

Sarah Nitta said...

Katie!! Sam is your TWIN!! I can't believe how much this bottom picture looks like you. It's kreeping me out! =) She is SO beautiful!

Sofia D. Hoiland said...

Okay, wait, who is Mark, and you SING on his album?! I need to listen!