Friday, April 18, 2008

Time To Say Goodbye






Well I finally did it! I started a blog. The only reason I haven't started one sooner is because I didn't have the internet at my house. Now the only reason that I am starting one is because I'm far away from my family and I have to keep everyone in the know of what's happening with the Demcak's in Oregon...That's right I have officially become an "Oregonian." (whether I like it or not). I think it might take me a while to love my new life. One of the hardest things I've ever done before I did yesterday. I left my family behind in Utah while I jumped on a plane with Samantha to meet Dave here in Oregon. I didn't anticipate it being that hard for me. I haven't cried that much since Samantha was born. I already miss my family soooo much. I got to spend my last few days doing "fun fun" things with my parents. On Monday I went shopping in Park City with my mom and Samantha and Ella and it was so nice spending time with my mom for a while. My mom is so wonderful and caring, and I am going to miss her a ton! On Tuesday I went with my dad to this banquet in Salt Lake that was honoring Bill Nelson, the CEO of IHC at the Grand America Hotel! Swanky! So the entertainment was the Beach Boys which those who know my dad, they are his favorite band of all time! I got to dance with my daddy right by the stage to the tunes of "God only knows what I'd be without you," "409," "Hawaii," "Kokomo," and so on. We danced for a long time! I couldn't have asked for anything better to spend time with my dad than dancing with him to the beach boys. That was a highlight of my life! We even got a high five from Mike Love!! That was pretty awesome! I love you dad! To all of my family, I hope that you call me often and know that I will miss you all more than you know. And all the little kiddies...Caden, Annie, Logan, and Ella, please don't forget us, we will miss you too!


For the rest of you who don't know, we moved to Oregon because Dave got a new job with the same company Bank of the West up in Portland. It was a great opportunity and I am very excited for him. He has always wanted to move back to Oregon because this is his home. So now we are living with his parents George and Nancy and they are the single reason that is making this move somewhat bearable. I couldn't ask for more wonderful in-laws! So they are putting up with us while we find a house to live in whether that be in Portland or one of the surrounding cities. The funny thing about it is Dave's brother Jeff and his wife Lacey and their baby Eric are moving in too! By some crazy ironic coincidence Jeff got a job up in Portlad too! So we are going to be one big happy family with two babies under the age of one under one roof! It is pretty amazing that it worked out this way but it will be fun to spend a lot of time together! Again, George and Nancy you are saints!


Everything seemed to work out perfectly for us when we decided we were moving. We sold our house amazingly by owner in 2 weeks! So now we don't have to worry about paying a mortgage on a house that we're not even living in. Now I hope we have some luck in finding a good home for us here. What a great adventure (or as I like to think of it as an extended vacation) this will be. Unfortunately I won't be dazzling you all with my literary genius (like my sister's are able) but I will keep you informed about our exciting life in Oregon...with lots of pictures! Since I haven't taken any yet, I wanted to share the fun pictures from Easter with the family and grandkids that was so much fun! More to come.....

No comments: