Monday, April 21, 2008

We're A Big Happy Family!




Well we have officially moved everything of our's and Jeff and Lacey's stuff in, so we have a full house! I never thought we'd be able to fit all of our stuff in the garage but we did it.
Life in Oregon continues to be interesting. Today I drove up with Dave's sister Tracee and my sister in law Lacey up to Portland to have a girl's shopping day out. It was amazing because I actually have birthday money to spend on clothes or whatever I want, and after spending almost 5 hours at the mall, I hadn't spent a single dollar! Why is it whenever you have money you don't want to spend it, but when you don't you think, "oh it's okay it's so cute!" But I guess maybe it could be a bad time of year to buy clothes or something because I really didn't see anything woth spending money on, even though it was tax free! There were too many bright greens, pinks, and yellows. I actually saw an outfit at The Gap that had bright green pants with a light blue long sleeve shirt with and bright blue sweater over it and a bright yellow scarf! Uh, people actually wear this stuff? I guess I'll have to wait for summer or something.
I asked Dave about his job and afer almost a weeks worth of work he loves it which I'm so happy about! He works for the Real Estate Industry's Division over the Northwest. He gets to do construction, and financing for developers and contractors. He likes it because a lot of what he went to school for he actually gets to apply to his job. We are both very happy that after all the trouble of moving out of state, at least it was to a job that he enjoys. He works in the very posh Coin building right downtown in Portland. It is the 3rd largest building in Oregon and it overlooks the heart of the financial district, and the Willamette river. Sounds like a great hookup, so Sammy and I are excited to visit him at work once we figure out how to get down there!

1 comment:

Angie Brewster said...

Having money in hand and not finding anything to buy?!? Have I not taught you anything? :) Actually, that scenario happens to me all the time. When I have money, suddenly nothing appeals to me whereas when I should be saving, everything appeals to me. It's a conundrum. Ah, well. Glad to hear you are spending quality time with your sis-in-laws. Sounds like Dave is in his element so tell him hi from me and give Sammy a hug and kiss from the two of us. We love you guys!