Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I am a "sucker" for her books!


My life these last 4 days has been ruled by 2 things: Samantha, and Stephenie Meyer....well her book...Breaking Dawn.

Yes I am a Stephenie Meyer geek! And if that is wrong, I don't want to be right! I am an uber nerd when it comes to her books, but at least I know I am not alone in this respect! Thankfully my two sister in laws Tracee and Lacey are right there along with me. To the point where in the last few days, Tracee and I have adopted to sitting together in a room, reading each chapter and discussing it after each was done so we could contemplate on what was going on, and what will happen! Yes, I know...we are teenage girls! But it was fun!

Last night we stayed up till just after 12:00 so we could finish the last of the book because we couldn't put it down and it was sooooo exciting we had to know what happened! Was Bella finally going to end up with Edward forever? What about Jake, and the Italian vampires, and her dad Charlie, and Alice and Jasper......I told you I was a dork. And I will say, it did not disappoint! And my favorite book of the series! There were a couple of...."awkward" "mormony" parts, but if you had read the previous books, you knew it was coming. The reason I liked this book over the others was that in this book, it wasn't like you were leading up to one very dramatic point, much like the others, but there were a lot of dramatic parts in this book! Wow! Tracee and I were talking and I don't think I ever got this excited over Harry Potter! (I know blasphemy!)

Even the rest of our family was making fun of us for how nerdy we were. Instead of saying, "dementors, dementors!" Nancy was teasing, "Vampires, vampires!" Yep, even she was teasing us too! Like I said, everyone! But it's okay. We still had fun. At least we didn't build a fort with cushions, and put a sign on the front saying "no humans, or boys allowed!" I was close though!

So if you are a fan of the books and haven't read the last one yet, do! It was good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Dave this is Karin after getting your text today I was wondering if you are a blogger too (and by you of course I mean you wife) So sorry for the stocking but i was just wondering. Now I can see how you and the fam are doing more than once every year or worse every 7 years. If you are interested my blog is tophamtown.blogspot.com feel free to stock! Oh by the way your daughter is soooo cute!!!