Sunday, August 10, 2008

One year ago today...


Today I feel very grateful because one year ago today was the day we got to bring Samantha home from the hospital. It was the longest 3 weeks of my life when she was there, and I just remember that day bringing her home. We were supposed to get a special carseat where the baby can still be in a reclined position, but they were all out of them! Seriously? But they cleared us to go home anyway with our carseat. I have never seen Dave so nervous driving a car before. We took the LONG way home and didn't go on any freeways because Dave said it was too dangerous. But we did make it home safely and found the outside of our house decorated, thanks to my sister Natalie, and I think Allison too. My family came to visit that night, and we ate Chinese food! The rest of the night Dave and I were a wreck trying to decide how and where we should put her to bed. She ended up right next to my head in the bassinet for half the night, and the rest of it next to me so I could make sure she kept breathing. It was a bit stressful but after that first night, we felt a lot better aftwerwards.

A year later I think of all that has happened and how healthy she is now, and I feel very grateful to have been blessed in so many ways and had many prayers that were answered.

2 comments:

Angie Brewster said...

And now look how beautiful and bright she is! Awww, I love that little pumpkin.
The picture you took is just too cute, too. I need to send you the pics I have from the cabin. I have been editing some and I meant to send this quick editing site on over to you: picnik.com. For a free site (or you can upgrade for $25 a year) it's not too shabby.

Natalie said...

Wow! Amazing what can happen in a year. We all love our beautiful 'Baby Sam' and are so grateful that she is healthy, happy and strong! She must have a great mommy and daddy :)