Saturday, August 2, 2008

I finally finished my big quilt project yesterday! I started working on it about 2 months ago or so and I got it back from the quilter just this week. I was very happy with the way he quilted it, it looks really good. So yesterday my sister in law Tracee and I sat in the living room watching movies and she worked on her new quilt for her new apartment, and I worked on trying to finish mine by cutting off the excess fabric and slip stitching the fabric to the ruffle. I love the way the ruffle turned out but it was a big job to do making a ruffle for that big a quilt. I am very happy the way it all turned out though, and I've never made a quilt this big before. I plan on using it for Samantha's bed when she gets bigger. Now with the extra fabric I can make a pillow to match her blanket!


We decided it would be a fun idea to put a strip of squares on the back to make it more exciting than just the white muslin. (I actually got the idea from my sister in law Lacey). It turned out very nice.
. With as big as a quilt it was, I was glad we took it took a quilter to do, because if I would have tried to quilt it myself, it would not have looked as good!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Ooooh-Fancy! My birthday is in a few months--plenty of time to give it another go! Eh? Eh?